Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.

Thread: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (movie, reboot)

1. #1 SP

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (movie, reboot)

Untitled Resident Evil Reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    Constantin Film has set in motion a new adaptation to add to the ever-expanding Resident Evil movie franchise. Constantin and writer-director Johannes Roberts said Tuesday that have conceived an official origin story adaptation with faithful ties to Capcom’s classic survival horror games. This story is set in 1998 on a fateful night in Raccoon City.

Starring in the roles of the iconic game characters will be Maze Runner‘s Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield alongside Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and the Wasp) as Jill Valentine, Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield, Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Albert Wesker, Avan Jogia (Zombieland: Double Tap) as Leon S. Kennedy, and Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) as William Birkin.
    ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot: Kaya Scodelario, Robbie Amell & More Starring – Deadline
    Attached Images Attached Images resident-evil-logo.jpg kaya-scodelario-robbie-amell-hannah-john-kamen-tom-hopper-avan-jogia-neal-mcdonough.jpg

2. #2 SP
    That’s a wrap in Raccoon City.
    diREcted by Johannes Roberts
    Resident Evil on Twitter
    Attached Images Attached Images eqvwmcuvqaqgx3j.jpg

3. #3 SP

4. #4 SP
    - I wanted to go back to the horror of it all. I wanted scares and atmosphere rather than full-on action.
    - We worked hand-in-hand with Capcom on this movie... to the point that we actually got blueprints from them on the designs of the Spencer Mansion and Raccoon police station in order to recreate them as perfectly as we could. We even have the exact artwork up on the mansion walls.
    - Jill and Leon in this movie are equal leads along with Claire and Chris and Wesker.
    - The previous movies were very bright and shiny whereas this movie was dark and grimy, entirely shot at night. It’s constantly raining and the town is shrouded in mist.
    - I was very influenced by seventies filmmaking techniques - we shot using zooms a lot! And there are no drone shots in the movie or crazy CGI camera shots that are physically impossible. The movie has a very old-school retro feel to it. I was hugely influenced by movies like The Exorcist (and Exorcist 3!), Don’t Look Now, and The Shining. You can really feel the texture in this movie. Nothing in this town feels hi-tech. It feels dilapidated. I wanted Raccoon City to feel a bit like the town in Deer Hunter; a ghost town forgotten by the rest of the world. And the whole structure of the film was definitely very influenced by Assault on Precinct 13.
    - There is some cool s**t in there. I mean some of the creature stuff looks f***ing incredible. It was a mixture of prosthetics, CGI, and creature performers. There’s some wonderfully freaky stuff in there.
    Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Director on Casting, Creatures and Capcom - IGN

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - Exclusive First Look Photos - IGN
    Attached Images Attached Images residentevil-1-1630010518581.jpg residentevil-3-1630024705843.jpg residentevil-2-1630010518579.jpg

5. #5 SP
    Official trailer:

6. #6 SP
    Exclusive trailer:

Interview:

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.