Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Phil Spencer discuta despre Cloud, Backward Compatibility si DirectX12

1. #21 SP
    o idee buna ar fii faca un link worldwide ca pe consolegames ''CE joc ai vrea sa fie Remasterizat ?'' si se face remaster la cerinta publicului .. ca si companie daca jocul tau are 100000 de cerinte, esti sigur ca vinzi 100000 de bucati ..tot remasterizati , remasterizati ce vrem noi nu ce vreti voi Corect?

2. #22 SP
    Phil Spencer a participat ieri la un interviu cu IGN si a povestit cateva lucruri chiar interesante despre noul Gears of War, daca a avut un rol in stabilirea configuratiei consolei Xbox One, precum si cateva detalii despre update-ul minor din Decembrie si sosirea screen-shoturilor in 2015. Intregul interviu il gasiti aici Podcast Unlocked Episode 167: Phil Spencer Interview - IGN
    Si mai jos atasez cateva randuri din interviu:
    It’s easy for me to say yes, and I know to a lot of people that would make me seem like a better guy… I don’t know. I know the people that make those decisions and I don’t know the realities of the situations when they made those decisions, so it’s easy to me to sit back now and say “ok, we would have built a three teraflops box and sold it for 99 dollars” but I don’t know.

I don’t know what trade-offs they were making, cause we didn’t make all the decisions as the leadership team. I was making content decisions. So I think it’s a little unfair for me to go back and kinda cherry pick a certain decision on “hey what RAM do we pick” or the ESRAM thing, or the HDMI in, what we’ve done with Kinect, whatever it is, and just say “Oh, I’m all-knowing at this point and knowing where we are now, I would have changed these decisions.”

I think that’s hard for me… It’d make me look good if I just said yes, but I don’t know. I don’t know in the context. I will say that the work at the platform team is done to give as much power in the hands of the developers as we can. It has made a tremendous impact in the last six months, and I’m really proud of that.

And the box, from a reliability standpoint, I mean I lived through red rings on 360 and other things, has been significantly better than we were at the launch of 360 which has been great. I’m not ashamed of the hardware that we have anyway, and if somebody asks me “Should I go buy an Xbox One” I can definitely tell them from the content that we have and the platform that we have, and the services that we have, and for the hardware that we have, “yes.”

I can make a commitment to them that they’re buying into a platform that I’m committed to, across all facets of that platform, and that we’re gonna make this platform as great as we can for them.

3. #23 SP
    Brad Wardell is a member of news aggregator group 'The Inner Circle.' They hunt down the latest news regarding Microsoft's Xbox One platform. Wardell has compiled a list of their findings related to the Xbox One and DirectX 12:
    -Anandtech AMD cards 7fps to 43fps running Nitrous engine DX12 engine.
    -600% performance increase on AMD cards running full DX12 game engine.
    -CPU cores n their performance more important in the future games .
    -Directx 12 on Xbox Nov.
    -Directx 12 runs better than Mantle on AMD cards.
    -Dx9 uses max 6000 draw calls vs 600,000 on dx12.
    -Naysayers are eating crow!
    -“Marketing chose 40% increase slogan as real gains were too unbelievable for the masses to digest”
    -limitless light sources in games.
    -1000+ characters AI characters on screen.
    -toy story/ lord of the rings graphics no deffered rendering.
    -future Xbox cpu bound exclusives DX12 games to have these gains however dx12 games initially 30% gains as they transition from Dx11 to full new dx12 game engines using esram etc
    -Not so much games for cross platform games.
    -Fable Legends Dx12 game
    -AMD/MS has mega DX12 news at GDC.
    -Stardock developed Starswarm dx12 demo in 2 months. Starswarm would have similar performance gains on Xbox one i.e 600%. They have something major at GDC in the Microsoft booth.
    -Stardock are developing DX12 game engine “Nitrous”. Star Control game will make sense console. They will license it to 3rd parties in future after they release 2 games on Nitrous engine.
    -Phil Spencer managing expectations, as in November with DX12 on Xbox….. the games released then wont look much different then until the new DX 12 game engines.

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2