digi 24 da imagini de pe cnn si au infroamtii ok fata de ce avem la noi in ro, oricum este incredibil ce se intampla... nu pot sa zic ca nu merita acel nemernic dar totusi asa ceva intr-o tara nato si ei voiau in europa.. cateva infos de pe internet si twitter:

• EDIT: Hearing from Turkish friends that Youtube and social media is being blocked.
  • EDIT 2: Tanks now on the streets
  • EDIT 3: Apparently Erdogan is on holiday, which might explain the timing.
  • EDIT 4: The Prime Minister, loyal to Erdogan, claims its an attempted coup by junior figures of the military. This seems extremely unlikely to me, as the military presence is very widespread and there isn't evidence of fighting. That means the military everywhere is all on the same side - likely the coup plotters. If the main leaders in the military were loyal to the government, there would be fighting between the different sides.
  • EDIT 5: Turkish media is reporting that Turkish government leaders in Ankara has been detained. No-one knows where Erdogan is.
  • EDIT 6. Turkish senior military now saying it has taken over the country. As I thought.
  • EDIT 7: Every airport in Turkey is now under military control. All flights in and out of the country have been cancelled.
  • EDIT 8: Rumours being circulated it could be connected to the Gulenist movement, which is a reformist Islamic movement associated with a charismatic leader based in the USA. I would take this with a grain of salt, as haven't seen any good sources for this and it's the sort of thing Gulen's political opponents might say to discredit the coup.
  • EDIt 9: The Greek military has now been put on high alert, in case anything spills over.
  • EDIT 10: Military stating that all Turkish foreign relations would remain the same, and the rule of law is a priority.
  • EDIT 11: Erdogan's whereabouts still unknown. Last thought to be in Bodrum on vacation in the far south of the country.
  • EDIT 12: One interesting feature of this is how it could affect the refugee crisis. A new military government will want acceptance from European neighbours, so could be keen to stem the flow of refugees without conditions to curry favour Germany etc. Just speculation.