Switch game downloads can’t be shared across multiple systems
We recently learned that the Nintendo Switch will finally link eShop purchases to a portable online account (unlike the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, which locked purchases to a specific piece of hardware). But we're now discovering that this feature apparently does not extend to downloading games to multiple Switch systems at the same time.

The news comes via a recent preview event for 1-2-Switch at the Nintendo World NYC store, which included a question-and-answer session captured by YouTuber CrazyDopetastic. A questioner talks about the potential for getting a second Switch for his children and asks, "if I want to take my system with me... if I were to buy a digital game, could I buy it once, or would I have to buy it multiple times so they can use those games?"

The translated answer, from Nintendo Entertainment Planning & Development General Manager Shinya Takahashi: "Currently we don't have a system like that in place for Nintendo Switch, but we haven't made any final decisions about how we would approach that going forward in the future, so unfortunately I can't provide any concrete answer for you right now."

In other words, for now, it sounds like a Nintendo account (and its linked eShop purchases) can only be linked to one Nintendo Switch system at a time (that's assuming nothing was lost in the translation, of course).