Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Launch Date Revealed
The team at Larian Studios has announced the date when Baldur’s Gate 3 will be launching into early access: September 30, 2020. Probably.

Revealed during the studio’s “Panel From Hell” stream, Larian’s CEO Swen Vincke said, “The asterisk is optimization. The game is coming out for both PC and Stadia, and we want to get the minimum specs fairly low so that a lot of people can start fooling around with it. Every single time that you optimize something, it's only then that you discover what the next thing is that you have to optimize. But it's looking okay, and I'm an optimist by nature and I hope that everything's gonna work out.” The original target for BG3’s early access release was “August 2020, maybe,” but the studio had to delay, saying in a Tweet “Good news and bad news. BG3 won’t hit August, but it’s just around the corner.”
“We'll let you in early access play up to level four," Vincke said. "Now, before you go saying 'What? Only level four?!' fourth level in D&D is actually quite a lot already," he added with a laugh. Baldur’s Gate 3’s early access build will contain roughly 20 hours of gameplay, consisting of…

80 Combat Encounters

45,980 lines of voiced dialogue (in English)

596 interactable characters

146 spells and actions

4-player online/LAN co-op
By comparison, Divinity: Original Sin 2’s early access build was roughly ⅓ the size, containing just 22 combat encounters, 142 characters and 69 spells/actions. The early version of Baldur’s Gate 3 will also introduce 5 playable “Origin” characters - characters with unique backgrounds and story paths written by Larian - sometime after launch, in addition to custom characters that players create themselves.

These characters consist of Lae’zel, the green-skinned Githyanki warrior featured in much of the promotional art, a roguish elven vampire, the Human Wizard, Gale, Shadowheart the Half-Elf Cleric, and in the grand Fantasy™ tradition of spelling modern names with a different vowel, a Human Warlock named Wyll.
The studio also revealed the (planned) minimum and recommended system requirements on BG3's Steam page, which are...
Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350 (Intel i7 4770K/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X recommended)
Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X (Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580 recommended)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
The listing also notes that these recommendations "might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves."
https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs...-date-revealed