Quote Originally Posted by VGC
Yakuza series producer Daisuke Sato has said he’d like to remaster Ryo Ga Gotoku Studio’s 2012 shooter Binary Domain.

The third-person action game was released for PS3 and Xbox 360 to generally favourable reviews but disappointing launch sales, though it maintains a cult following of fans.

Speaking to French publication GameBlog, Sato expressed a desire to revisit the title he directed, and used it as an example of how RGG Studio was willing to explore genres beyond action RPG.

Asked if it would be possible to make Binary Domain available on the latest consoles, Sato said: “Personally, I’d really like to (laughs). If possible, I’d like to make a few changes that I didn’t quite get to back then and maybe redo some parts, too.”

The producer also reiterated his desire to bring Japan-only Yakuza spin-offs, Kenzan and Ishin, to the West, suggesting that the recent success of Sony’s Ghost of Tsushima could make the Samurai-themed titles an easier sell.

“Even long before Ghost of Tsushima, I did want to release samurai games like Kenzan and Ishin in the West. Unfortunately, after Yakuza 0, we were very busy with remastering the numbering Yakuza titles for the PS4, so we missed the opportunity to work on some of these other games.

“However, if anything, Ghost of Tsushima has helped Western gamers become more interested in samurai, so I should think of it as now is a more opportune time to release these titles.”
Yakuza’s producer says he’d like to remaster cult shooter Binary Domain