Quote Originally Posted by GamesBeat
One of the reasons people believe Abandoned is from Kojima is because it’s difficult to find a lot of information about Blue Box Games. But that isn’t because it is a shell corporation for Kojima Productions. Instead, Blue Box is simply a small studio that has never released a major console game before.

Blue Box’s website is dead. It has a game in Early Access on Steam that it has stopped updating. And it has yet another similar game that it attempted to launch on Steam’s now-defunct Greenlight program.

I get it, though. Maybe Kojima was playing the long-con. And it was him behind this studio all along. He was simply waiting for the moment to strike, and that time has come.

But the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter. And yes, that statue on Phil Spencer’s shelf was referencing a potential deal with the legendary developer. I cannot confirm if Xbox closed the deal yet, but my understanding is that Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent.

So you’ll have to enjoy Abandoned absent Kojima’s marketing stunts.
Abandoned for PS5 is not a secret Hideo Kojima game | VentureBeat
UPDATE:
Our response to the Hideo Kojima Rumors
We received several emails regarding the Hideo Kojima rumor. We have no association with Hideo Kojima nor do we claim to have any association nor was it our intention to claim such a statement. We are a small group of developers working on a passionate title we wanted to work on for a long time. We have been assisting other studios in the past with their projects and we wanted to work on our very first big project. While it is true that we've been working on small projects in the past, we certainly didn't use that for marketing purposes. We hope this has clarified this matter and hope to see you all in our very first gameplay reveal of Abandoned.

- The Team @BLUE BOX Game Studios
BLUE BOX Game Studios