Quote Originally Posted by Video Games Chronicle
That’s according to God of War creator and Twisted Metal co-creator David Jaffe, who claims to have spoken to a number of sources within PlayStation about the company’s plans to respond to the popularity of Microsoft’s subscription service. [...]

“I’ve said time and again that people who are writing Jim Ryan’s obituary are way premature,” he said in a video published on his YouTube channel on Thursday.

“We had the guy on the show yesterday that had made the petition to fire Jim Ryan and I was like, ‘dude, that’s way premature’ because Jim Ryan doesn’t owe anybody, Sony doesn’t owe anybody, the truth about what’s coming and what their counterpunch to Game Pass is.

“What I can tell you is I know they are doing some stuff because I know people at Sony who have told me that they are doing some stuff,” he continued. “There will be a response to Game Pass.

“What it is we don’t know,” Jaffe added. “Here’s what I would say I worry about. If Jim Ryan thinks the proper response to Game Pass is to emulate backwards compatibility, PS3 games, PS2, PS1, and then to also add Trophies, which is what that patent suggests they’re going to do, and they’re also going to fold in all the movies and **** and make a streaming service, he’s absolutely wrong if he thinks that mixing it with PS Now [is the way to go].

“That would make me go, ‘I don’t think the man has a clue’, because that’s not going to compete with Game Pass, but I don’t know if that’s the case, but I don’t think Jim Ryan is ready to throw under the bus at all.” [...]
PlayStation ‘is working on a counterpunch to Xbox Game Pass’, claims God of War creator | VGC