Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku
[...] Kotaku has also learned that it's becoming more and more likely that the sequel might not land until late 2025. It's also possible that it could even slip into 2026 as production reportedly falls behind.
In February, following numerous leaks, Bloomberg reported that Rockstar Games was mandating its employees to return to work five days a week in the office beginning in April. The short notice and drastic change caught many by surprise and has led to frustration from staff who feel like they are being pushed out after being hired remotely, as reported by Aftermath on March 19.

While security and quality are reportedly the main reasons Rockstar is instituting the mandate to return to the office, I was told by sources—who wish to remain anonymous to avoid possible retaliation—that development on GTA 6 has started "falling behind." I'm told this has leadership at Rockstar nervous and worried about the game missing the 2025 window and slipping into 2026, and is another big reason the company is pushing for a return to the office in April.
At the moment, I'm told that Rockstar is still "aiming" for GTA 6 to arrive in Spring 2025. While an early 2025 release is the goal, sources say they aren't sure if this will happen and a Fall 2025 launch seems more plausible and feasible. Meanwhile, delaying the game to 2026 is on the table as a sort of "fallback plan" or "emergency" option if needed.

And of course, it should be noted—and I was reminded when talking to folks about this situation—that Rockstar Games historically waits until the "last minute" to make changes or alter plans, so the next trailer for the game—no word on when to expect that—might not reflect a delay as the company pushes forward on development.
GTA 6 Production Reportedly Falling Behind, Rockstar Urges Staff To Return To Office To Avoid Delay