13. New kind on the block. Si anume Kantus a.k.a Predator, "the bad mother****er" din armata Locust. De ce? Pai staff-ul lui are 2 "chainsaws" cu care taie cu usurinta prin armura unui tanc. Ce o sa imi mai placa sa omor din astia. Kantus vor fi preotii Locust, cu o groaza de hit points, ce vor putea evada, seamana cu niste ninja, pot contra creaturi cu vocea, invia soldati morti. Adica fac cam totul pe campul de lupta.
Did you have a chance to get to [his part]? So you got to see that he wields a staff with dual chainsaws that can cut through a tank,” said the developer. “He’s a bad mother****er.I don’t know if you’ve seen the Kantus? They’re the locust priests, and they have all these abilities: they take a lot of hit points, they can evade, they’re kind of like ninjas almost in regards to their mobility.They can summon tickers by using their voices, they can control other creatures by using their voices, as well as reviving other locusts that get knocked down with kind of like a rallying cry. If these are the priests of the locust, he’s the head priest, and he’s also very high up in regards to the locust hierarchy, and of course, you have to deal with him later.

14. O alta surpriza de marketing din partea Gears of War vine si in curand. Dar inca nu sunt destule informatii. Stim insa ca este vorba de COG tag-uri si legat de poveste intr-un fel.
“There’s some interesting stuff they’re doing with the marketing campaign, with the COG tags,” he said. “I can’t really talk about it just yet.
When you find a note on the ground, for example, of someone who’s writing home about their experience of the war,” he added, “writing back to their family about all the horrors they’re going through and how difficult things were, or finding a complaint level in the hospital saying the soldiers weren’t getting enough medical care, and things like that, then I think it starts pushing through on other buttons and themes beyond just killing monsters.”
15. Cel ce va face host-ul in Gears of War 2 tot va avea avatanje fata de cei ce intra in joc. Nu la fel de numeroase ca in primul dar inca vor fi prezente. Adica noi tot vom avea bullet lag iar Mo (daca el tine) nu va avea. Aceste dezavantaje sunt urmarile folosirii unei arhitecturi client-server in joc. Aceasta a fost optimizata pentru reducerea sau eliminarea dezavantajelor.
It’s reduced,The person who’s the host in a client server game will always have an advantage. It’s an unfortunate side effect of doing a client server architecture. We’re not a peer-to-peer architecture. But we’ve optimized the back-code to reduce it as much as possible, as well as balancing the game better with things like stopping power.It’s one of those things that’s fairly engrained in the engine right now,” added Bleszinski when asked if there was a chance of a change in tack.There’s been some talk about it but we haven’t confirmed our engine plans right now.

16. Se pare ca declaratia producatorului Rod Fergusson conform careia Xbox 360 este aproape de limita superioara a graficii a fost scoasa din context si nu este cu totul adevarata. Cliff a declarat la evenimentul de presa din Londra ca developerii si programatorii trebuie sa se adapteze din mers si sa se destepte pentru ca Xbox 360 nu va primi mai mult RAM sau un procesor mai rapid. Trebuie sa se invete sa se descurce cu ce au.
“That was a Rod [Fergusson, Gears Of War 2 franchise senior producer – Ed] quote that was taken out of context,” when quizzed on the story.I think we’re pushing the 360, but the system’s not going to get any more RAM, it’s not going to get a faster processor, but at the same time that puts the impetus on our programmers and artists to be smarter with what they work with.I always like to use the metaphor of the SNES,” he said. “You know, the first games that came out for the SNES we were like, ‘Wow, this is a new console, this looks great.’ The next generation came out and it was like, ‘This is good,’ and by the time they got to the end it was like, ‘Holy ****, I can’t believe they’re doing this with the Mode 7 graphics, how did they figure out how to do this?’ Right? All these ninja code tricks. If you look at whole demo scene, from Assembly in Finland and all these sorts of things – they could make an amazing graphical demo in 32K, right? It’s amazing what programmers can do. I wouldn’t count our guys out yet. We asked Bleszinski is we can expect another graphical bump up for Gears 3. He wasn’t having it.“If there’s a future product I have a feeling it’ll probably look better than what we’re going, but whatever percentage that is remains to be seen,”

17. Cliff a mai declarat ca tot ce tine de Unreal Engine 3 este pentru folosire si nu tin pentru ei nimic. Tot ce au realizat ei este de vanzare pentru ceilalalti sa reuseasca sa faca jocuri din ce in ce mai bune pentru noi, gamerii.
“Absolutely not,” he said when asked if anything was held back. “Every single thing we have we share with our licensees, because it’s in our best interests for them to have a game that looks amazing.”Bleszinski joked that “Mass Effect and BioShock looked quite good,” but said that Gears of War looked exceptional thanks to the quality of Epic’s art team. We have, in my opinion, some of the best artists in the industry, if not in entertainment in general. We’re incredibly picky with who we hire, and we have incredibly high standards with the content that they produce, and they work extremely hard to make sure that every single itty-bitty little bit of that model is battened down and looks perfect. It’s the same toolset that our licensees get, and I think the key is having amazing artists.”

18. Cand a venit vorba despre PlayStation 3 Cliff a glumit spunand ca nu suporta controller-ul de PS3 dar iubeste blu-ray-ul. Nice guy !
“I hate the ****ing controller,” he told VG247. “I’m sorry, I can’t stand the PS3 controller. I love the Blu-ray player.I think there are some great games for PS3,” he said. “I think Metal Gear’s great. Heavenly Sword was great. But at the same time, right now, I’m always working on Xbox with Gears. I’m pretty comfortable with 360, I like its controller.”

19. Mika a postat cu scurt timp inainte si cele 16 poze publicate astazi cu ocazia evenimentului de presa de la Londra. http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/f7-...gears-war-2-a/

Sper ca v-a placut articolul si l-ati citit cu placere. Numai Mo stie prin ce belele a trecut saracul articol . Scrierea lui a inceput la 23 s-a oprit brusc la 00:40 din cauza unui crash de sistem. Si apoi s-a reinceput pana pe la 2:30. Asadar imi cer de pe acum scuze pentru eventualele greseli. Am corectat de 2 ori textul si eu si Mo dar poate din cauza orei tarzii in noapte ne-a scapat cate ceva. Va multumesc pentru intelegere.