Cu winXP e mai greu ca n-a fost facut pt asa ceva.
Toate metodele implica un fel de emulare sau bootloader gen linux.

Cu VISTA/W7 e mai usor.
Formatezi cu DiskPart USB si copiezi DVD-ul de VISTA/W7 --> gata: poti boota si instala OS.

(1) Install Windows 7 From USB Drive/Pen Drive
(2) Install Windows Vista from Bootable USB Flash Memory Drive

* Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port and move all the contents from USB drive to a safe location on your system.
* Open Command Prompt with admin rights. Use any of the below methods to open Command Prompt with admin rights.
*Type cmd in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter.
Or
*Go to Start menu > All programs > Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
[1] --> See which is the right USB
First type DISKPART and hit enter
Next type LIST DISK command and note down the Disk number (ex: Disk 1) of your USB flash drive.

Type all the below commands one by one. Here I assume that your disk drive no is “Disk 1”.
If you have Disk 2 as your USB flash drive then use Disk 2. Refer the above step to confirm it.

[2] --> Format USB Commands you need to type and execute one by one:
SELECT DISK 1
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
ACTIVE
FORMAT FS=NTFS

(Format process may take few seconds)

ASSIGN
EXIT
Don’t close the command prompt - just minimize it.

[3] --> OS DVD
Next insert your Windows7/Vista DVD into the optical drive and check the drive letter of the DVD drive. In this guide I will assume that your DVD drive letter is “D” and USB drive letter is “H” (open my computer to know about it).

Maximize the minimized Command Prompt in step [2]. Type the following command now:
D: CD BOOT and hit enter.Where “D” is your DVD drive letter.
CD BOOT and hit enter to see the below message.
[4] --> Make USB Bootable (using the OS DVD)
Update the USB drive with BOOTMGR compatible code.
BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 H:
Where “H” is your USB drive letter. Once you enter the above command you will see the below message.

[5] --> Copy DVD
Copy your Windows 7/Vista DVD contents to the USB flash drive.

----
Se poate formata si FAT32 (vezi link 1)
Pt EEPC --> incearca cu un DVD pe USB (merge mai repede si mai sigur daca nu te descurci cu BART)