The 3rd Birthday may make its way to PS3 PlayStation University
Apparently at Gamescom, Yoshinori Kitase the producer behind the upcoming title, The 3rd Birthday for PlayStation Portable, revealed that depending on the success of the title, the team would like to create a followup on PlayStation 3. Despite my recent buildup of skepticism towards Square Enix and what they’ve been able to achieve during this generation of consoles, I believe that my anticipation for this title would be ridiculously high if it came to pass.
Speaking with DigitalSpy, Kitase had the following to say: “Obviously it depends how successful this game is, but if it is successful, we have the idea to extend the series for PS3.”
In case you’re unaware, The 3rd Birthday is a spin-off to the wildly popular original PlayStation franchise, Parasite Eve. The game follows our main heroine, Aya Brea into Manhattan in order to take on hordes of monsters in some intense action. One of the cooler features the game provides gamers is the ability to swap bodies with other characters through a mechanic known as “Overdrive.”
While 3rd Birthday may make its release in Japan this Winter, gamers living in the rest of the world will be forced to wait until 2011 to enjoy the title.