But Mahler, who is the game director at Moon Studios, the developer of the Ori series, says that the hardware differences will play out as expected for gameplay. Namely, that Sony’s new ultra-fast SSD will result in faster load times, while the Series X will result in more raw power.

“Now, let’s say the average load time with those SSDs on next-gen will be 10 seconds,” posits Mahler in a ResetEra thread. “And let’s be generous and say that the PS5 SSD and throughput is twice as fast as the [Xbox Series X] — At that point you’d have a 10s load times vs. 5s load times (keep in mind that loading often is more than just shuffling data around, so this isn’t in any way accurate). I don’t know if I’d care that much about 5 seconds saved every time I load if what I give up for is framerate or resolution. And I guess that’s the bet that Microsoft made here — more power rather than faster data transfer.”
One of Mahler’s key points is that Sony first-party studios will likely take the most advantage of the PS5 SSDs, “ensuring that everything’s smooth and juicy all the time and that you don’t see loading screens at all.” But third-party studios will likely not “change their games completely, adjust levels and other stuff just to squeeze the most out of the PS5 architecture.

Sursa: https://www.ign.com/articles/ori-ps5...tion-load-time

Consider ca este o parere pertinenta.