Single post: Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (movie, reboot)

1. #4 SP
    - I wanted to go back to the horror of it all. I wanted scares and atmosphere rather than full-on action.
    - We worked hand-in-hand with Capcom on this movie... to the point that we actually got blueprints from them on the designs of the Spencer Mansion and Raccoon police station in order to recreate them as perfectly as we could. We even have the exact artwork up on the mansion walls.
    - Jill and Leon in this movie are equal leads along with Claire and Chris and Wesker.
    - The previous movies were very bright and shiny whereas this movie was dark and grimy, entirely shot at night. It’s constantly raining and the town is shrouded in mist.
    - I was very influenced by seventies filmmaking techniques - we shot using zooms a lot! And there are no drone shots in the movie or crazy CGI camera shots that are physically impossible. The movie has a very old-school retro feel to it. I was hugely influenced by movies like The Exorcist (and Exorcist 3!), Don’t Look Now, and The Shining. You can really feel the texture in this movie. Nothing in this town feels hi-tech. It feels dilapidated. I wanted Raccoon City to feel a bit like the town in Deer Hunter; a ghost town forgotten by the rest of the world. And the whole structure of the film was definitely very influenced by Assault on Precinct 13.
    - There is some cool s**t in there. I mean some of the creature stuff looks f***ing incredible. It was a mixture of prosthetics, CGI, and creature performers. There’s some wonderfully freaky stuff in there.
    Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City Director on Casting, Creatures and Capcom - IGN

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - Exclusive First Look Photos - IGN
    Attached Images Attached Images residentevil-1-1630010518581.jpg residentevil-3-1630024705843.jpg residentevil-2-1630010518579.jpg