Platinum Games boss defends Revengeance, KojiPro | VG247
After it was revealed that Kojipro had all but given up on the game before Platinum Games picked it up, Inaba has had to handle comments suggesting the two studios have a skills imbalance.

“It seems there are some who wish to imply Platinum Games was able to achieve what Kojima Productions could not – interviewers among them,” the executive director said, as reported by GamesIndustry.

“This notion is spurious. Clearly, we have not yet produced any results in the world of Metal Gear.

“The gap is immense. Mr. Kojima tossed his chips on our table, believing we could handle the task. In other words, he took a gamble.”

Some hardcore fans have voiced disappointment in the game’s new direction and tone, but Inaba has asked fans to wait and see.

“I know reaction to the new trailer is mixed. Yet I also believe our love and respect shines through,” he said.

“It is my hope that you catch a glimpse of the future in the footage. In order to achieve that evolution, that future, we at PlatinumGames will continue to fight, shedding our own blood, sweat and tears.”

At 5:00PM PST, Konami will release an English-language video tracing the game’s development history and explaining its switch of developer, as revealed at the VGAs over the weekend. Expect more details from a corresponding press event soon.