Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

1. #261 SP

2. #262 SP
    If Uncharted 3 Doesn�t Make Me Want 3D Gaming, What Will?

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception should be the winning argument for gaming in 3D. It is spectacular. In the moments of gameplay we watch while crowded in a second-floor meeting room at San Francisco's posh W Hotel, that extra visual dimension is put to good use. Holes in the wall of the conflating chateau drop away from the screen, showing distant enemies. The burning beams upon which Drake balances show a path deep into the room. When Drake momentarily loses his balance and his view sinks toward the fall, the room offers a nearly vertigo-inducing view of that drop.

This is 3D put to great use, not the 3D of movies like The Green Hornet, which seemed only to be there to get viewers to wear glasses and watch credits float in front of a movie screen.

But despite its good use, I'm not convinced this is something I want, let alone need.

I tell a PR person later that I'm not a fan of 3D. They start to make the counter arguments, saying that eye fatigue really isn't an issue, that 3D television prices could be dropping.

You don't understand, I say. It's not that 3D is too expensive (it is) or that my eyes may hurt after three or four hours of gaming (they might), it's that I just don't see the benefits.

Given a free 3D television and fatigue-resistant eyes, at the best I find 3D in action games, especially action games with shooting, to be distracting.

I want to turn it off, some part of my brain finds that extra level of processing and wonder, annoying, not entertaining.

Maybe I'm alone, but fortunately I won't have to play Uncharted 3 in 3D when it hits the Playstation 3 later this year. And that's a very good thing, because it looks like it has all of the potential to be a better game than its predecessor, a game that was easily the best title to hit 2009.

Before watching the visual fidelity of the game in 3D, developers showed us a new cut scene from the title. In it we're introduced to Katherine Marlowe, the game's new heavy.

"We are excited to introduce you to Catherine Marlow, the head of a cabal, a conspiracy that stretches over 400 years, back to the reign of Queen Elizabeth I," Richard Lemarchand, lead game designer at developer Naughty Dog, tells us.

Sir Francis Drake, we're told, was one of the cabal's agents.

Uncharted 3 finds Drake and buddy Victor Sullivan pitted against Marlowe in a struggle for Drake's ring.

"The long-contested fight for possession of the ring will propel Drake and Sully to the heart of the Arabian desert," Lemarchand said. "This will be a much more dangerous and insidious threat than Drake has ever faced before.

"Marlowe's tactics are more psychological."

The 3D gameplay we see a bit later still shows the brutal melee attacks, the fire from cover, the climbing and tactics that made the game's action moments so sublime.

With an amped-up version of the gameplay of 2009's Uncharted combined with what appears to be a more intricate plot, I can't see how Uncharted 3 could go wrong.

from Kotaku

3. #263 SP

4. #264 SP

5. #265 SP

6. #266 SP
    My heart was taken by Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 shall take my soul!

7. #267 SP
    Uncharted 4 will take your life...

8. #268 SP
    Uncharted 4 will take your console and gives you another, maybe ps4

9. #269 SP

10. #270 SP
    Uncharted 3 Split-Screen Multiplayer Confirmed?

The suave ladies’ man that is Nathan Drake is set to return this November in his latest outing that will see him battle the harsh terrain of the Arabian Desert in search for the fabled Atlantis of the Sands. Though will he be making this journey alone?

It’s been rumoured over the past few months that some form of co-op or split-screen could make an appearance within the game. However, this time it comes directly from developer Naughty Dog’s footage – specifically the Behind the Scenes development video of the Uncharted 3 teaser that premiered at the Spike video game awards back in December.

During the video, there’s a tiny fraction of gameplay showing what appears to be split-screen multiplayer. It’s rather obscure, although one can easily make out the AK-47 in the top right corner. Luckily if you missed it while watching the Behind the Scenes video, you can catch it below thanks to a Youtuber.

11. #271 SP
    Genial.... absoult fabulos, nu credeam ca e atat de reusit multiplayer-ul, must buy instant!

12. #272 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle-eye View Post
    Genial.... absoult fabulos, nu credeam ca e atat de reusit multiplayer-ul, must buy instant!
    Abia acu te-ai decis ca e un must buy ?
    Dar apropo, cum ai reusit dupa clipul ala de 5sec. sa deduci ca e genial?!

13. #273 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by cryyo View Post
    Abia acu te-ai decis ca e un must buy ?
    Dar apropo, cum ai reusit dupa clipul ala de 5sec. sa deduci ca e genial?!
    tu vorbesti serios ?
    Attached Images Attached Images irony_motivator.jpg

14. #274 SP
    Genial in 3D. M-am convins din acel video pus de Killswitch. Foarte inspirat cel care l-a filmat.

15. #275 SP
    [/QUOTE]

Nustiu daca a mai fost postat , dar mi se pare interesant video ul

16. #276 SP
    Grandios Se intrezareste inca o platina la colectia mea (am doar 2) si alea sunt evident la U1 si la U2.E singurul joc la care am jucat cu maxima ardoare.

17. #277 SP
    Nu prea am mai intalnit jocuri precum Uncharted 1 si 2 care sa ma faca sa nu ma ridic din fata televizorului pana la sfarsit,foarte tari.Pana la urma cand apare U3?

18. #278 SP
    Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will be released as a PS3 exclusive on November 1, 2011 (or 11/1/11)
    mai e timp ...

19. #279 SP
    Naughty Dog has added DESTRUCTION to their engine (Uncharted 3)

Just when you thought the Naughty Dog engine couldn't get any better, they continue to improve it with newly added Destruction physics.

They're using a rare destruction program that has been used mostly for Hollywood movies and TV shows like X-Men, Hancock, and Heroes. This particular program is not even available to the public yet and has rarely (if ever) been used in any video games before.

20. #280 SP
    gugukalimero, daca e adevarat ce spui, atunci Uncharted 3 chiar va fi unul dintre cele mai bune jocuri din toate timpurile.

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast