Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: VR - Meta - Oculus Rift, Go, Rift S, Quest 3, Pro

1. #21 SP
    Aveti aici un articol interesant... scris din punctul de vedere al unui gamer serios, care nu face compromisuri si care chiar a incercat sa se joace ore intregi. Dupa cum rezulta din experienta sa, produsul e departe de a fi bun (perfect nu mai spun): I Played the Oculus Rift for Five Hours Straight.
    When I finally beat the game and removed the Rift, I was happy to be done. There were no lasting sensations (spinning, dizziness) and the queasiness and headache slowly dissipated over the next few hours.

In the end, I have mixed feelings about the experience. The immersion I felt while playing Episode 1 was an unreal experience and I wouldn't give that up for the world. But the side effects make me worry. When the game was action packed and I was kept busy, I didn't notice the negative side effects much. But when the game slowed down, I would start to focus on just how horrible I was feeling. While I never vomited, my stomach was never happy. In fact, even now, days later when I think about playing the Rift some more, my stomach ties itself in knots. As it stands now, I probably wouldn't want to use it anymore once the novelty of the experience eventually wears off.

Thankfully, the Rift as I have experienced it is far from the final product. Newer development kits have better screen resolution and the final product is likely to be better still. Moreover, as more and more games are made specifically to work with the Rift, I am optimistic that a lot of the problems I experienced will become things of the past.

2. #22 SP
    Eurogamer
    VR headset oculus rift is heading to android, oculus has announced.
    as reported by venturebeat, the vr company's ceo brendan iribe revealed the upcoming android version during his keynote at the gamesbeat 2013 video game conference.
    The android version will be lighter and rely on the mobile device's processor.
    oculus hasn't noted any plans for an ios version. According to the venturebeat report, oculus finds the ios platform "problematic."
    the company is aiming to launch the android version of the rift as close to the pc version as possible, ideally simultaneously. This is expected to happen sometime next year.

3. #23 SP

4. #24 SP
    http://www.consolegames.ro/forum/f64...a-oculus-rift/.
    Facebook Buys Oculus Rift For $2 Billion
    Facebook has just announced that it's buying Oculus Rift for $2 billion. Seriously.
    "Mobile is the platform of today, and now we're also getting ready for the platforms of tomorrow," Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg says. "Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."
    Oculus are equally chuffed. "We are excited to work with Mark and the Facebook team to deliver the very best virtual reality platform in the world," Brendan Iribe, co-founder and CEO of Oculus VR says in a PR release. "We believe virtual reality will be heavily defined by social experiences that connect people in magical, new ways. It is a transformative and disruptive technology, that enables the world to experience the impossible, and it's only just the beginning."
    The deal is made up of around $400 million in cash payouts, with the rest being made up of Facebook shares. It's not a done deal yet; it's expected to be finalised in Q2 2014.

5. #25 SP
    Si inca un mare nume care sare in barca Oculus Rift. De data aceasta, Michael Abrash de la Valve: Valve’s VR Expert Michael Abrash Joins Oculus As Chief Scientist | TechCrunch.

6. #26 SP
    Abia astept sa lanseze o varianta pentru public la un pret de pana in 500$, atunci chiar as pune mana pe o bucata

7. #27 SP

8. #28 SP
    un experiment interesant:

9. #29 SP
    Hai ca a inceput razboiul. Vrea si Zenimax (de unde a plecat Carmack) o "bucatica" din Oculus Rift. Detalii aici: John Carmack's Former Employer Says He Stole Their Tech.

Carmack spune ca nu e chiar asa:

10. #30 SP
    Virtual reality's biggest enemy is bad virtual reality, says Oculus founder
    "People don't have experience with this technology," he explains further. "When it arrives, it has to be good." Nothing's a sure thing, Luckey tells us, and a poor consumer launch could spoil the milk. "I think really bad VR is the only thing that can kill off VR. That's why we've been so careful to say that 'these are devkits, do not buy, do not buy!'" Luckey quickly corrects himself, saying that he doesn't think that the Oculus DK2 couldn't be a consumer product; he just wants VR to hit the consumer space with its best foot forward. It's part of the reason Oculus decided to join Facebook.

"It lets us make the first version really, really good, and use a lot of custom components that wouldn't have been possible otherwise." Without Facebook, he continued, Oculus might have been forced to release more expensive iterative headsets to fund the envisioned consumer model. "Maybe it doesn't sell and we actually hurt the VR market overall because it wasn't good enough." Luckey is relieved its a scenario he didn't have to live. "This [Facebook] lets us have as good of a shot as we're ever going to have at making consumers believe in virtual reality."

11. #31 SP

12. #32 SP
    ZeniMax Media and id Software File Suit against Oculus VR and Its Founder, Palmer Luckey

ZeniMax Media and its subsidiary, id Software, filed suit today against Oculus VR and its founder, Palmer Luckey, for illegally misappropriating ZeniMax trade secrets relating to virtual reality technology, and infringing ZeniMax copyrights and trademarks. ZeniMax is also asserting claims for breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and unfair competition against the defendants. The suit was filed in federal court in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.

The suit arises from the defendants’ unlawful exploitation of intellectual property, including trade secrets, copyrighted computer code, and technical know-how relating to virtual reality technology that was developed by ZeniMax after years of research and investment. ZeniMax provided this valuable intellectual property to defendants under a binding Non-Disclosure Agreement that specifies such intellectual property is owned exclusively by ZeniMax and cannot be used, disclosed, or transferred to third parties without ZeniMax’s approval. ZeniMax’s intellectual property has provided the fundamental technology driving the Oculus Rift since its inception. Nevertheless, the defendants refused all requests from ZeniMax for reasonable compensation and continue to use ZeniMax’s intellectual property without authorization.

All efforts by ZeniMax to resolve this matter amicably have been unsuccessful. Oculus has recently issued a public statement remarkably claiming that “ZeniMax has never contributed IP or technology to Oculus.” Meanwhile, Luckey has held himself out to the public as the visionary developer of virtual reality technology, when in fact the key technology Luckey used to establish Oculus was developed by ZeniMax.

“Intellectual property forms the foundation of our business,” said Robert Altman, Chairman & CEO of ZeniMax. “We cannot ignore the unlawful exploitation of intellectual property that we develop and own, nor will we allow misappropriation and infringement to go unaddressed.”

"ZeniMax and id Software take their intellectual property rights seriously," said P. Anthony Sammi, a Partner of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP which represents ZeniMax and id in this matter. "We now look to the federal courts and will pursue all appropriate measures available under the law to rectify defendants’ egregious conduct," he added.

Attached Images Attached Images 1400699508-oculus-rift-inside.jpg

13. #33 SP
    Tare... imi place din ce in ce mai mult din cate povestesc oamenii: How I got stabbed in the chest at E3 2014 (an Oculus Rift tale)
    There I was, impaled by an alien. I was carefully walking around a space station, with nothing more than my (admittedly dim) wits and a motion tracker, watching a large, terrifying alien stamp about. My only direction was to survive. "You had one job!" I failed at it.

The tech demos are over: Oculus Rift's second development kit at E3 2014 isn't running any dalliances aimed at proving the tech. It's running real-ass games. Alien: Isolation was the third game I played, and it was by far the most terrifying. You're not a space marine, and you're not named Ellen Ripley. You're just some unwitting sheep running from assured death at the hands/tentacles/teeth of an H.R. Giger-designed alien. Delightful.
    Also, inca un articol: Oculus VR explains why mobile virtual reality won't poison the well. Deci vor merge si pe mobile.
    Beyond what we learned recently about Samsung and Oculus working on a VR peripheral that uses your phone, Oculus has been open about working on a mobile software development kit for some time now. Heck, we even spoke with Oculus CTO John Carmack about it last year. "I think you'll see the mobile SDK launch publicly before the consumer Rift comes out," Oculus VP of Product Nate Mitchell told us this week at E3 2014. Beyond Samsung, a handful of developers are "experimenting with some high-end Android devices ... building experiences and seeing what's possible."

But here's the issue: Great VR requires serious horsepower. While the current range of flagship Android mobile devices are pretty powerful, they don't hold a candle to even low-end gaming PCs. In so many words, isn't Oculus worried that a subpar, Android-based VR experience could poison the well for the full Oculus Rift coming down the line? If your first experience with VR is a bad one, you may never try it again. "That's a completely fair statement," Mitchell said.

14. #34 SP
    Oculus to acquire the company that designed the Xbox 360 controller

We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve agreed to acquire the Carbon Design team, one of the premier industrial design and product engineering teams in the country, with over 50 awards to their name. As part of the deal, the team will officially become a key component of the product engineering group at Oculus, operating from the Carbon studio in the Seattle area. They’ll also be working closely with the Oculus R&D team based out of Redmond. We expect the deal to close by the end of summer.

The Carbon team brings their expertise around building great feeling, great looking consumer products like the Xbox 360 controller. We’ve been working with Carbon for nearly a year on multiple unannounced projects.

“A few seconds with the latest Oculus prototypes and you know that virtual reality is for real this time. From a design and engineering perspective, building the products that finally deliver consumer virtual reality is one of the most interesting and challenging problem sets ever.

This is an entirely open product category. With consumer VR at its inception, the physical architectures are still unknown — We’re on the cutting edge of defining how virtual reality looks, feels, and functions.

We’re incredibly excited to be part of the team and we’re looking forward to helping design the future.”

- Peter Bristol, Creative Director at Carbon Design

As a company, Carbon Design has a 20 year history of taking consumer, industrial and medical products from concept to completion. Carbon approaches products with a design-driven methodology rooted in quality engineering, ergonomics, deep user insights, and rapid iteration. All of this adds up to an incredible skill set to deliver ground-breaking new virtual reality products.

Please join us in welcoming the Carbon team to Oculus!
    Attached Images Attached Images 1403639373-xbox-controller-engineering-shot.jpg

15. #35 SP
    Legendary tweeted that fans could visit their booth every day of the event, starting at 9 AM, to get a full hands-on experience of being a Jaeger Pilot and taking on a kaiju head-on. Unfortunately, there is no word on whether this will be made into a commercial release, but as it is now, this is certainly the kind of thing that would hit the big news.

16. #36 SP
    Oculus Rift’s new SDK comes with a new Safety and Health Guide, and the details are interesting, to say the least. A renewed effort has been taken to explain in explicit detail the nature of virtual reality, and not just what we imagine it to be.

17. #37 SP
    Samsung VR
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...unveils-gearvr
    We are thrilled to reveal the Gear VR*Innovator Edition, a state-of-the-art mobile VR experience powered by Oculus," says Doom creator John Carmack, who left id last year to become the Chief Technology Officer at Oculus. "The deep technical partnership with Samsung has enabled us to create a virtual reality headset with world class resolution and performance, all on a completely mobile platform."

The system uses the just-announced Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which slots into the headset and uses its Quad HD super AMOLED 2.5k display to supply the dual images needed for a VR experience. Much like the Oculus Rift, it will initially be available in an prototype version for developers and tinkerers to play with, and is expected to be available by the end of this year.

18. #38 SP
    Hai sa-l vedem la treaba pe Mr. Samsung Gear VR (hehe, au facut si poezie cu Gear VR)

19. #39 SP
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/...n-200-and-400/
    We want to stay in that $200-$400 price range.

20. #40 SP
    Nici nu stiu daca mai are rost sa-i facem thread dedicat lui Gears VR asta... e Oculus Rift toata ziua, chiar daca are nevoie de un Samsung Galaxy Note 4:

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast