Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.

Thread: XCOM - Enemy Unknown

1. #1 SP
    OEE

XCOM - Enemy Unknown

XCOM: Enemy Unknown will place you in control of a secret paramilitary organization called XCOM. As the XCOM commander, you will defend against a terrifying global alien invasion by managing resources, advancing technologies, and overseeing combat strategies and individual unit tactics.

The original X-COM is widely regarded as one of the best games ever made and has now been re-imagined by the strategy experts at Firaxis Games. XCOM: Enemy Unknown will expand on that legacy with an entirely new invasion story, enemies and technologies to fight aliens and defend Earth. You will control the fate of the human race through researching alien technologies, creating and managing a fully operational base, planning combat missions and controlling soldier movement in battle.

Strategy Evolved: XCOM: Enemy Unknown couples tactical turn-based gameplay with incredible action sequences and on-the-ground combat.

Strategic Base: Recruit, customize and grow unique soldiers and manage your personnel. Detect and intercept the alien threat as you build and expand your XCOM headquarters.

Tactical Combat: Direct soldier squads in turn-based ground battles and deploy air units such as the Interceptor and Skyranger.

Worldwide Threat: Combat spans the globe as the XCOM team engages in over 70 unique missions, interacting and negotiating with governments around the world.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown "Last Stand" E3 2012 Trailer

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Comic-Con 2012 Stage Demo

XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be available in North America on October 9th. (and October 12th internationally)

Additionally, those of you who decide to pre-order the game will get guaranteed access to a launch feature that we're calling the Elite Soldier Pack. Now, I could tell you about the aesthetic upgrades you can apply to your armor with this pack, such as the Hyperion and Reaper soldier armor kits. I could also tell you about how you'll get access to a full color customization feature for all of the armor sets in the game. But both of those, in my humble opinion, pale in comparison to my favorite part. You know that dude from the original X-COM with the blonde hair and the cheesy flattop? That's right, you get him. (In the game that is -- he doesn't come to your house.)

One more thing: The Special Edition. Available exclusively for PC from participating retailers, this version of the game will be available for $59.99 and will contain several goodies like an art book, fold-out poster of the XCOM headquarters, XCOM insignia patch, and even some digital stuff like the soundtrack, special art, and more.

2. #2 SP
    OEE

3. #3 SP
    Ce mai jucam eu X-Com: UFO Defense cand eram mic

4. #4 SP
    OEE
    PAX Prime 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown PC Interface Reveal

PAX Prime 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Gameplay

5. #5 SP
    OEE
    PAX 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Match - Jake the Lead Designer vs Jeff the Fan

6. #6 SP
    OEE
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown Gameplay Walkthrough:

7. #7 SP
    OEE
    PAX 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Developer Panel "A Thousand Stupid Ideas on the Road to Glory"

8. #8 SP
    OEE
    PAX 2012: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Match - Amazony vs Jake

9. #9 SP
    XCOM:Enemy Unknown Demo

Fără să ne fie oferite foarte multe detalii despre această versiune demo, Valve Software ne anunță că pagina de Steam dedicată jocului de strategie dezvoltat de studiourile Firaxis Games ne oferă posibiliatea de a descărca și �ncerca XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Jocul �și va face apariția �n magazinele de specialitate pentru Windows, PlayStation 3 și Xbox 360 �n data de 12 octombrie 2012.

10. #10 SP
    OEE
    GameTrailers Review: Video + Articol

---------- Post added 08-10-2012 at 07:52 PM ----------

IGN Review

---------- Post added 09-10-2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

Gamespot Review:

---------- Post added 09-10-2012 at 09:55 AM ----------

+ Video de la IGN Review:

11. #11 SP

X-Com - Enemy Unknown

Nu a cumparat nimeni inca acest joc? Eu sunt foarte interesat de el, si as vrea sa vad ce spuneti in privinta lui.

12. #12 SP
    OEE
    Quote Originally Posted by apbaciu View Post
    Nu a cumparat nimeni inca acest joc? Eu sunt foarte interesat de el, si as vrea sa vad ce spuneti in privinta lui.
    Eu, este un joc bun, mai ales pentru fanii seriei X-com. Daca ai jucat primele jocuri, acesta este exact ca ele.

13. #13 SP
    este foarte bun jocul, il recomand iubitorilor de strategii, ca-s destul de putine turn-based pt xbox

14. #14 SP
    OEE
    Un articol foarte interesant pe care l-am gasit cu cateva ore in urma:

Vigilo Confido: Translating X-Com’s New Motto

Latin, despite what people might tell you, is a very cool language. Consider Napoleon Bonaparte, a Corsican who came to power in France and from there conquered Europe, had the Latin phrase Ultima Ratio Regum (The final argument of kings) inscribed on one of his cannons. Somehow saying the same thing in French – Le derniner raison du rois seems less impressive. In developing a “re-imagined” version of the PC classic X-Com: Enemy Unknown Firaxis Games and publisher 2K Games have rebranded the titular extraterrestrial research and defence organization with a cool new logo and words befitting the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

Vigilo Confido. What does it mean?

Well that depends who you ask. X-Com lead designer Jake Soloman probably has one definition in mind. The trick with Latin is that there are usually ten meanings for a single word. Naturally, you might ask how anybody in the Roman empire ever understood what they were saying within such an ill defined system, especially when Rome’s biggest cultural influence, Hellenic Greece, had a language where there were never less than ten words to express a single concept. Much of a sentence’s meaning in Latin is tied to a grammatical system which is in some ways far more specific than what we have in English or French. Also, a lot of understanding Latin has to do with context. So let’s break things down.

The first word, Vigilo is probably the easiest to parse, though not at one in the morning when I first started trying to figure this out. For some reason I assumed both of the words to be nouns acting as an indirect objects.

Latin is all about the verbs. “Start with the verb,” my Latin professor would always say when we were stuck on translations. Vigilo looks to be a first person singular, present tense, active voice conjugation of the root verb Vigilare (To monitor, to guard, to keep an eye on). Given the nature of X-Com’s work, monitoring and responding in force to alien incursions on the Earth, which is represented by wire frame lines of latitude and longitude in the south half of the patch, Vigilo is probably best translated as “I am watchful.” A literal or “Barking Dog” translation would probably be closer to “I am watching” but mottos are meant to be somewhat more artistic in their meaning.

Figuring out Confido proves a bit more of a challenge. The simplest translation for the infinitive Confidere is “to trust”. But X-Com’s mandate is anything but trusting; they are suspicious and questioning by design. Though, I suppose confido could be read as I am trustworthy, but that seems too much like something a person puts on a cover letter, not a motto. Other definitions include: to have confidence in, to take refuge in, to rely upon. Now we are talking. The safe translation would be “I am relied upon.” As mottos go, “I am watchful. I am relied upon,” is pretty solid. I, however, want to take it a step farther. To rely upon something is to deem it necessary. Granted it is a bit of a stretch, but why not translate Confido as “I am necessary.” It certainly fits with the theme of the game: a council of nations activating an international paramilitary organization as Humanity’s last line of defence.

And this is why Latin is such a fun language. What should ostensibly be a simple bit of translation turns into a mad dance to find a best fit solution.

However, as a bottom line I’d have to say that the best translation for the phrase Vigilo Confido is I am watchful. I am relied upon. I really like “I am necessary,” but it’s too much of a conceptual leap. If by chance somebody knows of a precedent to justify “I am necessary” as the ideal solution, I’m all ears.
    Attached Images Attached Images xcom-badge1.jpg

15. #15 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by eneea View Post
    este foarte bun jocul, il recomand iubitorilor de strategii, ca-s destul de putine turn-based pt xbox
    +1

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.