Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.

Thread: Bugsnax

1. #1 SP

Bugsnax

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation
    "From the minds behind Octodad: Dadliest Catch comes Bugsnax, a whimsical adventure game coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 holiday 2020. Bugsnax | We Are What We Eat! | PS5, PS4, PC, Mac

Follow Young Horses on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/younghorses
    Like Young Horses on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/younghorsesgames
    Join Young Horses Discord https://discord.gg/QsPRrKZ
    Subscribe to Young Horses Mailing List http://eepurl.com/g5DUzT
    "It's Bugsnax" written and performed by Kero Kero Bonito"

PS4, PS5, PC, Mac.
    Attached Images Attached Images bugsnax_02.jpg

2. #2 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation.Blog
    Anatomy of an earworm: Inside Kero Kero Bonito’s toe-tapping Bugsnax theme

Learn how KKB created “It’s Bugsnax” while working from home during quarantine.

My name is Gus Lobban. I’m a songwriter, producer and one-third of the indie-pop group Kero Kero Bonito. In January, our world changed in a way that we couldn’t have imagined: Kero Kero Bonito were brought into the world of Bugsnax.

I’ll never forget the briefing phone call — Phil at Young Horses got straight into it. “So, the game’s called Bugsnax, and it’s about this island where all the creatures are part bug, part snack, and when the Grumpuses eat them, their body parts transform into them. Let me know if you’ve got any questions!” “Erm, yeah, uhhh…”

My starting point for “It’s Bugsnax!” was the D-Am chords the song rests on. The I-Vm chord change and the Mixolydian mode it implies conjure a “lost world” atmosphere to me; positive, but with a definite note (pun intended) of mystical intrigue, much like Bugsnax itself. I built up the song from there by programming a drum track, then improvising chords on a keyboard while singing hooks over the top. I made the song’s form similar to earlier KKB songs like “Picture This,” which Phil had explained felt close in spirit to what they were looking for.

I laid down most of the track — including the drums, pan flutes and kalimba — with my Roland JV-1010, a multi-timbral sound module from 2000. I love using old “rompler” modules because (as well as my affection for the fifth-gen game soundtracks they’re used in) they pack a variety of evocative sounds and they’re easy to use, which lets me focus on composing and arranging.

The song needed a non-vocal hook to set the scene, so I came up with the melody that opens “It’s Bugsnax!” off the top of my head and played it with a patch on my DX7 I programmed for the last KKB album.

Lyrically, Ian McKinney’s song about the Young Horses game Octodad: Dadliest Catch was a useful reference. The catchiest songs are often the most obvious — that song’s chorus is basically just “Octodaa-aaad,” and Bugsnax’s title ended up being our main hook too. The lyrics mostly relay the experience of playing Bugsnax in a literal way (a classic KKB technique), while the line “talkin’ ’bout Bugsnax” came to me in a flash of divine inspiration, for which I was a mere Vessel.

We couldn’t meet up to record the vocals, so “It’s Bugsnax!” was the first KKB song to use our remote lockdown recording setup. Our singer Sarah nailed the vocals the first time, and Young Horses were clear about what they wanted, which made putting everything together easy. Seeing the gameplay footage match up with the corresponding lyrics in the trailer was very satisfying.

We had no idea how Bugsnax was launching. Phil just referred cryptically to “the event.” We should have put two and two together, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise when the PS5 reveal came around. You never know exactly how a song will be received, but “It’s Bugsnax!” has had a particularly wonderful response; within days of the announcement I’d seen it soundtracking memes, covered by metal and folk artists and reacted to by toddlers. The latter was quite moving, since some of my giddiest childhood memories were fueled by the excitement of new video games, and contributing to someone else’s experience of that is really, really special.

“It’s Bugsnax!” is already one of my favourite KKB moments so far. To all of you who’ve found it

stuck in your head, sung it to your dog, or just wondered what the hell was happening, I have

this to say: it isn’t over yet.
    Anatomy of an earworm: Inside Kero Kero Bonito’s toe-tapping Bugsnax theme – PlayStation.Blog

Kero Kero Bonito - YouTube
    Spotify – Kero Kero Bonito

3. #3 SP

4. #4 SP
    Ooo da, LORE.

Abia astept

5. #5 SP
    Play!

6. #6 SP
    Anuntul care il asteptam cu sufletul la gura .

7. #7 SP

Quote Originally Posted by Kero Kero Bonito
    Kinda bug and kinda snack
    Try to catch 'em in your trap
    Feed somebody and you'll see
    We are whatever we eat
    Find 'em hiding in the sand
    Tearing up a ketchup patch
    Come to Snaktooth Island and
    Discover its Bugsnax

I heard that somewhere far off in the ocean
    There lies an island where the creatures roam
    A famed explorer tells me they're delicious and yet
    They're hitherto unknown

You might think it sounds impossible
    'Til you've seen a carrot crawl

We are whatever we eat
    Discover its Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    It's Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    Talkin' 'bout Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    It's Bugsnax

And if the rumour's not complete baloney
    Then it's the story of the century
    So grab a journal listen up and make some new friends
    To solve the mystery

An expedition thirteen-strong
    Of Grumpuses who all set off
    Seeking out a better life
    On Snaktooth Island they did find
    A tasty quest to fill the hole
    That many feel inside their soul
    Venture deep to reach the truth
    And maybe you'll learn something too

You might think it sounds impossible
    'Til you've seen a sandwich climb a wall

We are whatever we eat
    Discover its Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    It's Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    Talkin' 'bout Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    It's Bugsnax

Oh-oo-oh
    Everyone's talkin' 'bout Bugsnax

It's Bugsnax

8. #8 SP

9. #9 SP
    Mai in gluma sau mai in serios, chiar cred ca o sa ajung sa iau acest joc. The memes are strong in this one.

10. #10 SP

11. #11 SP
    Oh-oo-oh
    Talkin' 'bout Bugsnax

12. #12 SP

Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation.Blog
    Bugsnax free at launch on PS5 for PS Plus members
    Plus, some news about the Trophies!

Surprise! We here at Young Horses are very stoked to announce that Bugsnax, our colorful game with half-bug half-snack creatures (and that catchy earworm of a theme song), will be available at launch on PlayStation 5 to PlayStation Plus subscribers at no extra cost until January 4, 2021!*

Starting today, you’ll also be able to preorder Bugsnax on disc for PS4 and PS5. Both versions are available for preorder at Fangamer right now and coming to other retailers worldwide very soon.

We’ve been building this charming, weird game for the past six years, with the majority of that time spent working in complete silence. So it’s pretty surreal that not only will our game finally be out in the world in just a few weeks, but also that thousands of players will be able to enjoy it on day one of owning their new PS5. It’s been a pretty wild ride.

With the big news out of the way, we wanted to share a bit more about the design of Bugsnax to help prepare you for your time on Snaktooth Island. But maybe this is the first you’ve heard of these mythical bugs that are also snacks?

Bugsnax is a first-person, narrative-driven adventure that has you setting off to the mysterious Snaktooth Island in search of the truth behind the tasty creatures known as Bugsnax. As a journalist hungry for that next big scoop, you accept the invitation to the island from the intrepid explorer Elizabert Megafig, who has now gone missing! But you’re not alone. Fuzzy and eccentric pioneers known as Grumpuses have also followed Elizabert in search of Bugsnax, and have created the cozy settlement of Snaxburg. Capture and discover Bugsnax, make new friends, find Elizabert, and maybe you’ll get that big breakthrough story you’ve been after.

So, what does it mean to be a Bugsnax hunter? In order to capture all of the delicious Bugsnax of Snaktooth Island, you’ll have to learn all the tricks of the trade. Scan Bugsnax with you Snaxscope for clues about how to capture them, and record these observations in your Bugapedia. Drop your Snak Trap in the path of unsuspecting Strabbies to scoop them up. Can’t reach a flying Bugsnak like the Cheepoof? Use your Lunchpad to fling your Snak Trap into the air! But what if you’re dealing with a Flamin’ Cheepoof? That spicy boy will set your Snak Trap ablaze! But if you can find a way to bring the Flamin’ Cheepoof together with a frosty Bopsicle, that Cheepoof will be yours for the snacking!

All of the Bugsnax you discover interact with the player’s traps and with each other to create satisfying strategies and delicious surprises. The Grumpuses of Snaktooth Island all have their own unique cravings for Bugsnax. It’s your job to catch and feed them those Bugsnax, but how you hunt those snax is up to you!

We also wanted to provide some insight for the Trophy hunters out there: Bugsnax will have standalone Trophy lists for both PS5 and PS4, which means… you get double the fun, and double the Trophies! We’re also looking into supporting save transfers from your PS4 to your PS5, which would be added in a future update.

Our tight-knit team has put a lot of love and elbow grease into getting Bugsnax to the finish line. We want to sincerely thank our pals at PlayStation for helping us bring Bugsnax to PS5 and working with us to share it with so many players come November 12.

*PS5 console only. Benefit not applicable for Bugsnax on PS4. Bugsnax on PS5 is available to play in U.S., Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and South Korea on 11/12, and available to play everywhere else on 11/19.
    Bugsnax free at launch on PS5 for PS Plus members – PlayStation.Blog

13. #13 SP
    Asa, tata! Cu CP2077 care se va lansa in 2021 (poate ), TLOU2 are un contracandidat serios la GOTY si noi o sa ne bucuram de el la lansare

14. #14 SP
    Metacritic:
    - 80 - PS4
    - 73 - PS5
    - 70 - PC
    OpenCritic:
    Reviews:

15. #15 SP
    Easy Allies video review:

16. #16 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Mai in gluma sau mai in serios, chiar cred ca o sa ajung sa iau acest joc. The memes are strong in this one.
    Daca deții un abonament PS PLUS il vei putea juca gratuit pe noua consola PS5, Bugsnax este valabil pana in Ianuarie 2021 la abonamentul PS PLUS, si eu astept sa vad ce poate acest joc... E destul de captivant

17. #17 SP
    cei cu PS Plus, ati reusit sa va salvati Bugsnax de PS5 in librarie de pe PS4 sau din browser din store?

later edit: direct de pe PS4 nu se poate, iar browser-ul de pe tableta nu afiseaza corect paginile. Am reusit pana la urma de pe un laptop.

18. #18 SP
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    cei cu PS Plus, ati reusit sa va salvati Bugsnax de PS5 in librarie de pe PS4 sau din browser din store?

later edit: direct de pe PS4 nu se poate, iar browser-ul de pe tableta nu afiseaza corect paginile. Am reusit pana la urma de pe un laptop.
    merge si din aplicatia de pe telefon. eu asa l-am salvat in library si asa o sa fac si la urmatoarele jocuri, pana imi iau PS5.

19. #19 SP
    Mie îmi cam da somn jocul asta dar per total nu e asa prost
    E bine ca l-au dat gratis și cum nu sunt asa multe jocuri pentru ps5 poate îl termin

20. #20 SP
    The Isle of BIGsnax:

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.