Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.

Thread: Let's lend a helping hand to THQ!

1. #1 SP

Let's lend a helping hand to THQ!

You are probably wondering why I am writing this in English although our website is dedicated to Romanian gamers. Well, it's because we want this thread to go beyond the Romanian community, in hope that we can lend a helping hand to aid THQ. As you probably know already, THQ is in a very delicate position, or to say this in a straight manner: THQ is in a financial deep hole!

As of right now, the most awaited title from THQ (Darksiders II) has been delayed, gamers everywhere are praying it's not canceled. An interview with THQ EVP Danny Bilson revealed that THQ can no longer confirm the release date of July 26. This could be dire news, as THQ’s stocks have fallen to $0.50 a share and the company is under notice from Nasdaq. THQ needs to get their shares above a $1.00 before the July 23rd deadline. A delay like this might not make it possible for the company to recover.

And if they will not recover, there will probably never be a Darksiders II (Darksiders is one of my favourite games actually). Therefore, I just got a humble ideea, one that might be helpful for THQ: as you probably know, THQ released in 2011 two titles that were actually pretty good (Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and Saints Row 3). They've sold pretty well, but it was not enough to cover the losses from titles like Homefront or Red Faction Armageddon.

The idea that I have is this: let's all go into a shopping spree for those two titles: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine and Saints Row 3. Also, let's all preorder Darksiders II. This way (to quote an old cartoon) "by our powers combined" we could actually help them get on the floating line and allow The Four Horsemen to continue their stories.

If you're a gamer then please share this! Let's show this bad economy that we are many and we don't give up so fast. Thank you in advance!

P.S. If you have any other ideea that could be helpful, you're welcome to share it! Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about stocks, shares, Nasdaq... but maybe some of you might have an idea on how to help THQ recover from that ugly $0.50 a share and go up for $1.00 before July 23rd.
    Attached Images Attached Images darksiders_2.jpg

2. #2 SP
    They are actually low priced games, so... i guess it couldn't hurt! I will try to list in here some search results with those two titles:

Europe:

US:
    Attached Images Attached Images space_marine_warhammer_40000_xbox360.jpg space_marine_warhammer_40000_ps3.jpg saints_row_the_third_xbox360_1.jpg saints_row_platinum_ps3_2.jpg saints_row_platinum_ps3_1.jpg

3. #3 SP
    Even if we all buy those games and preorder Darksiders II we wont raise to much the THQ's share above the $0.50 margin. It will help but not to much, anyway in this moment all the help will do... The real problem is about the demand and the offer in the stock market, if the demand is low and the offer is high the quota will fall, on the other hand if the demand exceeds the offer the quota will raise. All of this being said we have to do something with that demand in the stock market, I'll personally buy some shares at that value it's not a fortune, and I'll try to persuade some of my friend to do the same.

Good luck THQ.

4. #4 SP
    Nariggar: at least we know we have tried our best! I know THQ had some bad luck (and bad titles), but trust me, if they would say tommorrow "the only way to save Darksiders II is to sell it at a double or triple price", i would just go for it and buy it! That's what i can simply do as a gamer. And i am pretty sure that Darksiders II will be able to save THQ reputation and share price.

Btw, here are the oficial pre-order pages for Darksiders II:
    The Facebook Oficial page: Darksiders II on Facebook Pre-order
    The Oficial Website: Darksiders II Pre-order

5. #5 SP
    They are listed on the NasdaqGS only, sadly... I don't have access to that market. I have some friends abroad I'll ask them if they can offer more than the bid. At the last trade they have opened with 0.48 and closed with 0.49, but today are again down at 0.466 this means about 5% down.
    Monky: we were mind connected about the prices. One thing we can do is to offer more than they ask, I'm talking about the stock market of course. We will see on Monday when they will open the stock market.

Buying and preorder the games, offer more on the stock market, this is what we can do and maybe they will stand a chance,

Here are some more details:
    http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=THQI

6. #6 SP
    It's not that simple. THQ’s stocks have fallen to $0.50 a share and it won't increase by buying some games in this moment.

They have to do something to earn market trust and prove or show themselves capable to overcome this financial situation. Only the management at THQ is capable to do this. I wish them the very best of luck!

One good thing is to preorder Darksiders II. This is their current project. By having alot of preorders, they'll find out that the project MAY be a success and maybe an oportunity to recover.

7. #7 SP
    Well, at least i have tried. On my side, i think i've done my part. I just ordered Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine for Xbox 360, Saints Row: The Third for Xbox 360 and pre-ordered Darksiders 2: Limited Edition for Xbox 360. Let's hope there will be a future for the Four Horsemen!

8. #8 SP
    We want Darksiders 2 to live. Long live Death

9. #9 SP
    shopTHQ Exclusive - Free Dawn of War with Space Marine - SHOP THQ APRIL 2012 NEWSLETTER .

10. #10 SP
    Save 66% on Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine on Steam

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 6.79e pe Steam, daily deal.

11. #11 SP

Seven legendary titles to rock your gaming library. The Humble THQ Bundle is here with a colossal onslaught of esteemed titles. Pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-blown expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon. And if you pay over the average price you�ll also receive the extraordinary Saints Row: The Third!
    The Humble THQ Bundle (pay what you want and help charity)

Your post count prohibits you from posting new replies in this forum!
Users with less than 1 posts cannot reply to threads here. Your post count is currently . You need to post first in the Intro thread.